MISSION STATEMENT OF THE AESTHETIC PRUNERS ASSOCIATION
The APA's mission is to promote and develop the craft of aesthetic pruning and to support professional pruners in their work.
The Aesthetic Pruners Association (APA) was formed in 2011 in Oakland California. The APA is a non profit association established to promote and develop the craft of aesthetic pruning and support professional pruners in their work. The APA encourages the growth and development of the aesthetic pruning profession and its business practices. We maintain a high standard of craftsmanship, sound horticulture practices and artistic expression. The APA strives to expand awareness and appreciation of aesthetic pruning among the general public and industry professionals. We work to enhance the science of aesthetic pruning, stimulate the exchange of ideas and technical information, and deepen personal understanding of the artistry of aesthetic pruning.
APA CODE OF ETHICS
All APA members agree to the statement of the Code of Ethics listed below.
Definition: Aesthetic Pruning is the creative interpretation of small trees and shrubs. This living art form combines the artistic skill of the pruner, the essence of a tree, the science and horticulture and the needs of clients and surroundings.
* Maintain respect for trees and plants and hold plant health as our highest priority.
* Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and ethical standards as agreed to prior to acceptance into the APA.
* Comply with all accepted professional standards and best management practices of the APA.
* Provide Aesthetic Pruning services artistically, competently and safely by exercising professional judgment and by adhering to the definition of Aesthetic Pruning.
*Recognize the limitations of one's professional ability and provide services limited to one's qualifications.
* When unable to provide the required professional services, provide the appropriate professional referral(s) for the benefit of the client.
* Refrain from behavior that clearly violates applicable laws or the APA's Code of Ethics.
* All members agree to apply their pruning craft in a manner consistent with the intent of the Aesthetic Pruners Association by adhering to the definition of Aesthetic Pruning as specified in this document.
* As professionals, members shall strive to enhance the standing of the APA by cooperating and sharing information and experiences with other members. This spirit of cooperation and sharing is a professional courtesy that is a trademark of the APA.